SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
- Student must be enrolled in a New Jersey College or University
- Format: Videos or Podcasts
- Work must be original: No copyrighted materials
- Employees, officers, directors and agents – and their immediate families and household members regardless of where they live, or members of the same households (whether related or not) – of the Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey, Springboard Public Relations, and the New Jersey Department of Health are not eligible to participate in this contest or win any prizes.
- Vaccination message
- Visual and Audio effectiveness
- Overall appeal
Questions? please email StepUpVaxUp@pmch.org or contact us via social media @StepUpVaxUp on Instagram and Twitter.
1. The primary focus of the content must be COVID-19 vaccine.
*Any content covering more than one vaccine, or any other vaccine will be disqualified.
2. The content must contain at least one fact from:
*Entries with information from other sources will be disqualified
3. Why people should get vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
4. The content must contain the statement: “Step Up! Vax Up!”
5. Submissions must include the Step Up Vax Up Logo and website link.
6. Acceptable digital content: video (YouTube, Tik Tok, Instagram Reel), podcast, recorded episode, or social media post.
7. File size no more than 25 MB
Sharing your content on social media is encouraged but will not impact your submission status.
General Contest Rules:
- Must be a student enrolled in a college or university in the state of New Jersey.
- A group of students may enter the contest; however, prizes will be awarded per entry, not per individual participant.
- Group entries should only be submitted one time by one group member (Team Captain).
- Each student can only work on one entry, either as an individual or as a group.
- Entries must be the students’ original work and contain no copyrighted material.
- Entries can be in English, Spanish or both.
- To ensure the most current information is used, entities should only use information from (the websites listed under section 2)
- Entries must focus on the COVID-19 vaccine.
- All students OR participants under the age of 18, will need parent/guardian permission to participate.
- If selected as a finalist, each participant involved in the creation of the content will be required to complete Photo and Video Consent Form.
- All winners will be notified of their selection by e-mail.
- Winners are encouraged to attend the Awards Ceremony in order to receive their prize.
- All submissions will become the property Step Up! Vax Up! and its sponsors. All rights for reproduction in all media including print, film, web, and/or video are assigned to the organizers and their sponsors to use as deemed appropriate for the goals of the contest and the Step Up! Vax Up! campaign.
Entries must NOT contain:
- Spelling mistakes.
- Information from other organizations/sources.
- Information on more than 1 vaccine.
- Brand names or trademarks of vaccines (example: Pfizer Vaccine for COVID-19).
- Material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or license infringement.
- Material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- Material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the entry is created.
- Entries must not have been submitted previously in a promotion or contest of any kind, or exhibited or displayed publicly.
* Per IRS guidelines, all prizes are subject to federal and state income tax. Winners will be required to complete a W-9 form prior to receiving their prize.
**Any entry that does not follow contest rules will be disqualified. **